NHC 2017 Cider entry - still?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikerlynch26

Reaction score
This might make more sense in the Cider forum, but wanted to get the general (brewing) public's opinion.

Has anyone entered a still cider into NHC and advanced? I'm entering my first anything into the comp and while I'm happy with the flavor of my two ciders, I've been crashing them hoping they clarify more. However it's gotten to the point that I won't have time to carbonate, bottle, and ship before the deadline.

Entering cider as "still" is an option, just didn't know if anyone has experience with the judges being biased towards "bubbles."

This might make more sense in the Cider forum, but wanted to get the general (brewing) public's opinion.

Has anyone entered a still cider into NHC and advanced? I'm entering my first anything into the comp and while I'm happy with the flavor of my two ciders, I've been crashing them hoping they clarify more. However it's gotten to the point that I won't have time to carbonate, bottle, and ship before the deadline.

Entering cider as "still" is an option, just didn't know if anyone has experience with the judges being biased towards "bubbles."

Sure, still ciders advance all the time. If you specify the carbonation and sweetness level as required, it will be judged according to your declaration.

The guidelines are pretty specific: http://www.bjcp.org/docs/2015_Guidelines_Cider.pdf

Back