NHC 2015 - Registration Open

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sounds like a delivery person dropped it and either box or contents were damaged. I have had that happen on a trade shipment to me. It took a couple of days for them to let me claim it. That sucks man.

Just got the notification, delivered. Phew, that was a long long 5 hours of uncertainty. :)

Since they are going to a brewery..... I am assuming they are getting stored in a walk in cooler almost immediately.

I dropped my entries off by hand. They were *not* in a cooler... They were stacked on pallets at Alesmith.

I'm sure the NHC folks found a way to properly chill them before judging today, but if you were expecting them to be stored in a cooler, sorry to disappoint.

As an aside, I just searched for this thread to see if anyone else is sitting around nervously knowing that "today is the day"?

Personally, I like it that way. It's a good test of sanitation. A well make beer should have no problem being stored at room temp for a few weeks.

I just cracked my room temp stored test bottle today. All was good except my carbonation was low :(

Judging is going on as we speak! About 1,000 entries with almost 80 medals at stake. Does anyone know if the Brewing Network is broadcasting the Banquet Awards Ceremony again and the link to view that? Good luck all!

I drank a bottle of my Dortmunder (fridge stored)..... wish I would have left one out at room temp to see if there was a difference. The fridge one was quite good - as good as I can do anyway. If that ain't good enough, there is nothing more I could have done with it. Good luck everyone.... now we have to sit here and wait for saturday nights BN broadcast.

Looking Forward to watching this tonight with a beer or two. Best of luck to everyone that made it to the final round.

Glad to see all the excitement! It's noon here in GA and I am making a Rye Pale Ale. T-minus 11 hours. Good luck to all not in category 14! J/K... ��

By that token, hopefully me and my partner didn't get your beer in our flight. We had a lot of beers in 15 that came off as rushed rebrews.

Congrats!

Unfortunately neither of my entries that advanced won... Oh well. I'm just happy they advanced at all.

Thank you! In all my excitement I neglected to mention it was catagory 18c...I really didn't think I had a chance!

Congrats. That is really awesome:tank:.

No luck for me this year either.... have to get my hopes up for next year. Thought my Dortmunder might be in the ballpark, but apparently the judges thought otherwise.

If Final Round isn't "in the ballpark", I don't know what might be.

If Final Round isn't "in the ballpark", I don't know what might be.

Yeah.... you are right. I am happy and proud that it made it that far..... but, I have had 6 beers make the final round in the last 3 years and I thought this one might be the one to actually bring home a medal. I have had 3 make mini BOS in their category in the final round...... this one did not even do that. So, was a little bummed about that, after thinking it was potentially good enough to earn a medal.

Looks like I just have to keep brewing beer:mug:

@Braufessor, How were you able to determine your entry did not make the mini-BOS round? I am curious how my entry scored, but haven't seen any mention of providing scoresheets outside of them being mailed by 7/17.

@Braufessor, How were you able to determine your entry did not make the mini-BOS round? I am curious how my entry scored, but haven't seen any mention of providing scoresheets outside of them being mailed by 7/17.

Sometime on Friday (????) I randomly logged into the competition/Final site where we entered our beers..... For a brief window of time, they scores/places/etc. were showing up in the software. Must have been when they started to enter scores into the software and they had it set to "show scores." At any rate, I saw that my beer only scored a 33.5 and did not make mini BOS.... Unless you happened to log in during that small window of time out of chance, you would not have seen your scores. I would think they will be posted soon now though.

Thanks man. I enjoy reading your blog- keep up the good work!

Oops, my bad- confused the brew teacher monikers! Anyway, shout out to brulosopher then; nice NHC writeup!

Last edited:
Sometime on Friday (????) I randomly logged into the competition/Final site where we entered our beers..... For a brief window of time, they scores/places/etc. were showing up in the software. Must have been when they started to enter scores into the software and they had it set to "show scores." At any rate, I saw that my beer only scored a 33.5 and did not make mini BOS.... Unless you happened to log in during that small window of time out of chance, you would not have seen your scores. I would think they will be posted soon now though.

Check again. Mine did not get posted before they fixed the glitch, but they did show up this morning. Mine didn't make mini-BoS either with a 37. Now the wait for scoresheets begins so I can see how their perceptions were different (or how bad the shipping and handling messed up my beer lol).

Same experience here. Mini- BOS IPA. I need to make clearer beer. Maybe mess with pH... 2016 in planning.

Did you check the final round login site? I don't think the scores for final round will show up on the first round site.

Depending on when he checked, they might not show up at the finals site (brewingcompetition.com/final) either. My scores have showed up, disappeared, and showed up a few times at this point (currently disappeared). I'll believe it when I can see scoresheets too. Regardless, I didn't place, so it's moot. lol

Back