Newish to the site

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tylerbenson

Reaction score
Hello all, Been visiting the site and signed up a while back but never got around to posting. Got a kit to start brewing 5 gal. batches with a buddy at least a year ago and we have been on a pretty steady brew schedule of 1 brew per week. Sometimes we miss a week, sometimes we double up. Enjoying the wealth of info and knowledge i'm getting from the site. Been waiting to go all-grain until I have a garage to setup and go crazy in.

Welcome to the group from CT!

Don't let a garage deter you from going AG! I do AG in my kitchen and have been enjoying it...SWMBO doesn't like the smells but oh well she lives!

My suggestion, do BIAB or get yourself a cooler make a mash tun and have it!

Cheers!

I'm like a broken record, but I really recommend at the least doing a BIAB partial. You can super easily mash 5# or so+ specialty malt and make up the gravity with extract. If you can full volume boil, all the better.

Yea I agree with you on the BIAB and I'm sure I'll try my hand at it shortly. I've done a partial mash/extract kit from a nearby brewstore but the sparging process just didn't go that well and I got a crap OG. That was probably with 5 or 6 lbs of grain. Tips on sparging over a 5 gallon pot in your kitchen? I just plopped the bag in a strainer and used a cup to pour fresh water through it.

Latest posts

Back