Newby brew rig build with Coleman 70q tun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dustinj

Reaction score
Well, like most of you I've been bitten. I love to build things and I love to cook so brewing is only natural. Only brewed two batches on my own. One extract one biab and one full blown three tier scotch ale all grain with a club member. That got me going. So my plan is stand that will hold the HLT up high and I will make a slide rack that my burner will go into for heat then I'll move it to the ground and put the BK on it to boil. The coleman extreme will sit next to and lower and as I said before the bk will be on the ground. I should have room under the HLT to store the BK.

Got pretty far on the tun tonight.
null_zpsbee5c4a6.jpg

This pile of 1/2 inch square will be the stand.
null_zpsb047950e.jpg

I imagine I will eventually add a pump so I May borrow one and go ahead and make the brackets. I'm going to have this blasted and powder coated after I'm done. If the slide rack idea doesn't work I'll get a burner and bolt it up.

Ideas are greatly welcomed

Thanks guys

its a stand!

Ill finish it up at the house, do a brew or two then have it powder coated. Im going to try to build specific storage for the burner, chiller and BK on the bottom. I have way more room then I expected.

Almost ready to brew. The bottom will be expanded metal. Not wood. I'll add down braces and fences around the HLT and MT. The burner needs to come up about three inches.
null_zpsbdef4b63.jpg

null_zpsdb476b84.jpg

Looks like a very functional stand. Are you going to use a pump to drain you brew kettle?

Thanks. No I I'll put it up on a box of some sort since I have the room so that it can gravity to the fermenter. When I get a pump I'll cut the top rack off and go two tier with the HLT and Bk on the bottom And mash tun on the top to keep it from the heat. Then hard line everything.

Back