Newby Alert!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wlffmnnn

Reaction score
New to the forum, and still wet behind the ears as far a brewing goes. Making the move from kits to all-grain. Getting ready to upgrade my setup to the Blichmann top tier in the next few months. Like what I have seen on here from browsing and am excited to be able to pick your brains so I can make better beers. Cheers! :mug:

BTW: on tap: 1) Dunkel
2) Red Ale

Kegging in about 6 hrs. Scotch Ale

Cheers welcome to the forum! I like the single tier setup with 2 pumps, lower to the ground I feel safer!

Quick question though. How do all of you decide what beer to make, and how do you know how to change it and tweek it? Thanks for the input.

I'm still a noob like you but I'll tell you what I do.

I try as many high-end or interesting beers that I can find/afford from my local liquor store. I'm lucky in Houston that Specs is based here and I can get a good selection.

From there, do a few clones and learn what you like. Then tweak/create as you see fit.:fro:

It's a pretty forgiving hobby as I've seen so far. Even my mistakes have been good.

Back