Newbie looking for info

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undrtker66

Reaction score
Hello .... Got a kit for Christmas and have a few questions.... Can fermentation be done in total darkness......and does the fermentation prosess generate heat.....any comments suggestions or info will be very helpfull thanks...

Welcome to the forums!

Yes. Fermentation is very happy in total darkness. Yes the fermentation process does generate some heat. But it won't catch anything on fire if that's what you are asking.

Yes. The hardest part for any brewer. When I first started out I had one of those big party tubs, and frozen water bottles of ice. I had a pretty good system.

*Obligational link to www.howtobrew.com

That site was one of my greatest assets when I started and still is now. The physical book is supposed to be much better since it's updated, but I wouldn't know yet since it's still sitting on my bookshelf waiting for me to finish my current beer book. However, the web page will give you a great primer on the basic hows and whys of the brewing process.

Latest posts

Back