Newbie in Chicago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chibrewer

Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself. I brewed by first batch about two weeks ago (a wheat beer, since it's finally summer time in Chicago) and bottled it this past Sunday...still trying to develop the patience for this new hobby, I'm having a very hard time restraining myself from cracking one open before its had time to age.
Thanks to everybody who posts regularly, lots of good advice on here for the first timer.

Hey Chibrew--

From one newb to another: Welcome

I thought it interesting that when I finished my intro. prost, another fellow Illinoisian (is that the right term?) had posted an intro just minutes before.

Illinoisian? Illinoisander? Who knows?
I live in the Lincoln Square area on the north side of Chicago. I'm nice and close to some very good German bars with some very good German beers, it works out well.

Welcome from a brewer in the near west suburbs. I have been known to frequent 'Prost' in your area. I did hear a rumor that they closed though even though the website says they are open. Any truth to that.

*edit* crap I got lincoln park mixed up with lincoln square. I do that all too often. Its still in the same general area though

Welcome to the club.

I'm a couple miles south of you in the corners of Wicker Park/West Town/ Ukranian Village.

Welcome from a brewer in the near west suburbs. I have been known to frequent 'Prost' in your area. I did hear a rumor that they closed though even though the website says they are open. Any truth to that.

*edit* crap I got lincoln park mixed up with lincoln square. I do that all too often. Its still in the same general area though

I haven't been there myself, but I walked by it a week or two ago during the Taste of Lincoln Streeet Festival...looked like it was open to me.

Latest posts

Back