Newbe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ste

Reaction score
Hi all my name is Steve I'm new to this forum and home brewing. I am just about to make my second batch of beer and I'm wondering what is the best house hold sugar to use. I'm am making a 5 gallon batch of lager using ritchies simply lager 1.8 kilo kit. I was planning on using cane sugar. Is this the best of what I can buy in my local supermarket.Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ste said:
Hi all my name is Steve I'm new to this forum and home brewing. I am just about to make my second batch of beer and I'm wondering what is the best house hold sugar to use. I'm am making a 5 gallon batch of lager using ritchies simply lager 1.8 kilo kit. I was planning on using cane sugar. Is this the best of what I can buy in my local supermarket.Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If you can get your hand on DME (dry malt extract) use that instead as it add body and flavour. If you can't get near your LHBS (local hom brew store) before you strt brewing then cane sugar will do. No matter what at the end you'll have beer. Welcome to the addiction. Enjoy

That's great thanks I think I'll just go ahead with the cane sugar it was fine in my first batch which turned out lovely and really strong to lol looking forward to tasting this one. Would u recommend any particular beer from ur own experience.

Ste said:
That's great thanks I think I'll just go ahead with the cane sugar it was fine in my first batch which turned out lovely and really strong to lol looking forward to tasting this one. Would u recommend any particular beer from ur own experience.

Do this brew as u intend...
I have a recipient for a dark lager that will bring you to the next stage without extra equipment. You just need to get some grains and hops and you'll be more in control of flavours. What types of beer you like?

Any really I'm not fusy but I suppose corona or harp would be my preferred choice.

Just a personal opinion, I would take a Modelo over a Corona any day of the week.

Latest posts

Back