Newb Builds First CFC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewBug

Reaction score
I am new to brewing and in the process of getting everything together to start my first extract brew. Here is my crack at my first DIY project for brewing, a 20' CFC. Can't wait to start brewing.

CFC.jpg

Thought that would be nice to control flow at the CFC instead of running to the faucet or hose spigot. Saw it on some other builds as well.

like the ball valve on the cooling water inlet side. Great idea. Think i will steal that idea when i convert my IC to CFC.

I have used my CFC for the first time last night on my first brew. I was worried about only have 20' when it seems like most go with a 25'. Well, I had no need to worry. I gravity drained the kettle through the CFC and I started with the input water valve at full open. Water came out at 55 degrees. I ended up backing the water input vale down to about 1/4 open and my wort was coming out at about 70 degrees. I am glad I went with a CFC over the immersion chiller.

Updated picture with camlock attached.

CounterFlow Chiller.jpg

Back