New to wine making

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackweird

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just recently bought a starter kit for wine making from Northern Brewer. I have been making beer for about 4 years and wanted to try something new and since most of my family drink wine it made wine making the logical choice. I plan on sticking to fruit concentrates and juices to make my wine.

I bought the 1 gallon kit and I see that the kit has .3 US Gallons of juice in it, my question is does all wine at the 1 gallon mark take this much juice. For example would I buy the corresponding fruits to make a Resling and use .3 US Gallons to add to water.

I guess what I am really looking for is guidance and any materials that might be available for first time wine makers. Any websites, books or videos will be greatly appreciated as well.
Thank you,
Jack

Kits can vary so, some concentrate are more concentrated than The higher end kits will give you more concentrate and you add less water. So there is not direct correlation between one kit and another. you have to see what their instructions say.

The easiest way is stick with a different kits, it will give you an idea of the general process of making wine and after a while you may find one technique better than another and go with what you are comfortable.

Back