New to the Site

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyH

Reaction score
Hello All

New to the site and home brewing. Got my kit for Xmas only been asking for it for a few years. Guess the wife finally heard me. Made my 1st batch a few weeks ago, it's an Imperial Stout. In a few more days I will try a bottle to see how it has turned out.
Let yall know how it turned out.

Welcome to HBT! :mug:

Don't be discouraged if it isn't quite what you were hoping for. A high gravity beer like an imperial stout often needs a couple/few months of aging before it peaks, so be patient! Congrats on the first batch though! Time to get the next one started!

Wow an imperial stout is an ambitious first batch. They like other big beers benefit from aging for 9-12 months. So if it doesn't taste too great, let it sit for a while it will likely improve.

Did you take any measurements with a hydrometer?

Welcome to HBT.

The gravity was right at 1.08. It's been a month for roughly sense I brewed this batch in the beginners class I went too. Just opened my first bottle. have to say it's pretty tastety and will only get better with time I do believe. Time to start thinking about my next one.

Cheers
JimmyH

Back