New to kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chefrlp

Beer is good
Reaction score
First kegging set up is on its way :rockin:

It is a triple tap kegerator. The set up locks the co2 tank behind the keg's.

My question is this;

Is it wise to get a second co2 tank, so I can easily gas new keg's before they make it to the cooler? Or just to have when the first blows out?

I've installed a 3 tap kegerator as well, but I'm still on my first supply of gas. I suppose it's always handy to be able to fill up before you run out. Unless you're really cramped for space I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want a second one. The question really is... how much is it worth to you?

I would recommend it. I haven't had a chance to get a second keg yet, but sadly, I hooked up my stout to the regulator a couple weeks back on a Friday and when I woke up Saturday morning I realized it was out of gas. It wasn't until Tuesday that I could get a new tank, which also meant I wasn't pouring any beer for a few days.

That being said, I wouldn't try to carb a room temp keg. Going to take a lot more psi to carb.

I have two 10# a 5# and a paintball cylinder. Having options in great for me and I never have to worry about running out of CO2. I doubt you need to push the issue, but keep any eye out on your local craigslist for a spare tank. I usually carb outsider of the keezer with one of my 10#ers and that way I always have a new keg when one kicks.

I have the paintball bottle and reg for my portable setup. It works perfect for holding serving pressure for a few days until I can get the main one filled. Probably cheaper than a second bottle but not really sure. Plus if you every build a portable setup for parties (come on, you know you want to!) you will have the reg and small bottle ready to go!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back