New to kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dockmasterjc

Reaction score
I just set up system and only can have one keg fit in the fridge. My next bext is almst ready to come out of the fermenter and was wandering if I can disconect the current keg and force carbonate the other keg. My problem is that I can not refrigerate the other keg. Can I do it and not screw things up?

Absolutely!
Take it off the one in fridge, pump up to 30psi and store the keg as you would a secondary! Re-attach the one in fridge after tho! ;) When the one in fridge goes belly-up you have 1 ready to chill, carb & serve.

Oh! Don't forget to put CO2 into the new keg first, fill, carb., bleed oxygen, re-carb. back up to ~30psi (at room temp.) and store as you would a secondary.
Most of the CO2 will absorb and you will have to re-carb when you put in fridge.
see: Keg Force Carbing Methods Illustrated
There is a LOT of info around this FAQ and it's easy to find specifics if you use unique/specific keywords in the search feature! :)

Back