New to Kegging Questions.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gergyboy13

Reaction score
So I am going to begin kegging my beer soon. I am also thinking about moving up to 10 gallon brews since i wont have to spend hours bottling it. So my question is if I do make 10 gallon batches and put them in separate kegs how long do you think the beer would stay fresh in a carbonated keg? Also, how long do kegs usually stay fresh while hooked up to the taps? I would love to have 4 or 5 kegs on tapand switchup each night what I drink but don't want them to go bad. How long would a 1/2 sanke keg stay fresh while on tap? (quite a few of my friends and family don't drink real beer and want coors light).

Beer in kegs will age as it does in the bottle, so hop character for example will fade. Keeping them cool slows the process. But they won't go "bad" as long as they are under CO2. This would be in contrast to the commercial keg that you get for a party and push with air on a hand pump. I've got the second keg of big stout on tap right now that is about 18 months old - it's yummy.

Back