New to Homebrewtalk

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

legaleagle

Reaction score
New to the forum, but not new to hombrewing. Stopped brewing about 5 years ago due to birth of child and just too busy. Life has settled down now and so I dusted off my equipment and am getting back into brewing again. Looking to see where the technology has advanced in the past 5 years and all the new methods folks have tricked out. Sure feels good to be back!

Welcome from Tallahassee!

Life and kids caused me to take a break from brewing and I too am glad to be back.

richabt - thanks for the welcome. i am down in the tampa area. how about this unusual cold brewing weather for florida? truthfully, its what got me motivated to jump back in and i am really glad i did. i am actually "ghetto fermenting" (if that's the right term) an ale on my garage floor this week and 3 days into it, the garage temp has not gone below 60 degrees or above 65 degrees! and it will be friday before we hit 70 degrees. hard to believe.

thanks to all.

berserker re: your tagline warning. i find it ironic because my 7 year old's homework this week is distinguishing fact from opinion. might have to dig up some of your posts to help her learn the difference!

5 years? Man, I'll be sure to mark out the next 5 years of my life if I have a kid, which I definitely do not plan on.

best 5 years of my life. no regrets. i had the same thought as you....until i actually had a kid. she's 7 now (things got hectic when my wife had to go back to work 2 years after our kid was born) and its still thumbs up for me. until it happens you won't understand. until then, just brew as much as possible!

laundryman - thanks for the welcome. i have been very impressed. wish i had this resource my first go round as a brewer.

Back