New to forum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubman

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Hello from steamy Florida!

I am new to the forum and have been away from brewing for about 15 years. Work, motorcycles and life forced me to put home brewing on hold.

My brewing experience was 5 gallon extract so I'm staying with that for now however I think I'll scale down to 2 1/2 gallon batches.

I sold off all of my equipment before I moved down to Florida so now I'm just starting to gather new. I have been lurking here for a couple of months getting ideas and that has been very helpful.

So, looking forward to continued reading and asking all the seasoned experts here for advise and ideas.

Brew on!

Hey everyone,

Hello from steamy Florida!

I am new to the forum and have been away from brewing for about 15 years. Work, motorcycles and life forced me to put home brewing on hold.

My brewing experience was 5 gallon extract so I'm staying with that for now however I think I'll scale down to 2 1/2 gallon batches.

I sold off all of my equipment before I moved down to Florida so now I'm just starting to gather new. I have been lurking here for a couple of months getting ideas and that has been very helpful.

So, looking forward to continued reading and asking all the seasoned experts here for advise and ideas.

Brew on!

Extract and partial mash are two simple methods. I would start back likea newbie would, a new or used starter kit! As far asa kettle goes, I wouldn't get anything smaller than a 8 gallon unit, with a ball valve and temp guage. 10 gallon is better. Recipe kits from a local home brew store, or home brewing.org are good. Be sure you include any basic supplies you need. Re educate yourself on cleaning and sanitizing. Grab Charlie Papazians latest edition of Complete Joy of Home brewing.

That's a good start!

Thanks Bill

I have a 8 gal pot on the way plus some other goodies.
I actually had both of charlies books and they are great reads, lost them when I moved.

Thanks Bill

I have a 8 gal pot on the way plus some other goodies.
I actually had both of charlies books and they are great reads, lost them when I moved.

Welcome to our little corner of the internet. Everything you need to know about brewing is right here, cleverly scattered in the clutter. Look around and don't be hesitant to post the dumbest stuff, I did and I lived through it.

Where in the steamy state are you?

Back