New Tap Handle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muse435

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have made several tap handles for various brews, In the past I have used long nots held in place with foam, and strait in to wood. For my current handle I can't use either of these options. The handle will be made out of using a plastic figurine that is slightly hollow. I say slightly because the walls are thick with only two small air cavities that are slightly bigger then the tap bolt.

My idea is to fill the statue with epoxy, then drill and tap. It has been a while since I have used epoxy, so I was wondering if this is a good idea or not. If not, any recommendations?

Thanx.

Should work fine. It might be easier to epoxy a T nut in so that you don't have to drill and tap though. Just bend/break the tabs off, and cover the ends with tape to keep the epoxy from getting into the threaded part.

prong_t_nut.jpg

That's how I made these bottle tap handles for my BIL's retirement party-

7694-6822.jpg

I have used those on another handle as well as other projects but I don't think it will work here. I think I will just fill with epoxy and tap. Thanx for the advise.

Back