New take on a portable kegerator: the port-a-tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BennyHaha

Reaction score
Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. Figured I'd share a project I did recently to serve some brew at a friends wedding. Couple of boxes built with 1/2" ply, and insulated with 1" rigid foam. Uses standard taps and beverage line length to keep serving pressure the same as my home kegerator. 20 oz co2 tank with paintball adapter, regulator, and splitter for serving 2 kegs. Chalkboard paint on the face to show what's on tap. I lined the inside with a contractor trash bag and filled each box with about 10lb of ice. Kept everything cold for at least 5hrs in 100 degree weather until the kegs tapped. Used a folding dolly from HD to roll the boxes around. Suprised how well it worked!

fhbg.jpg

ghgk.jpg

r30h.jpg

0qdb.jpg

4wyd.jpg

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. Figured I'd share a project I did recently to serve some brew at a friends wedding. Couple of boxes built with 1/2" ply, and insulated with 1" rigid foam. Uses standard taps and beverage line length to keep serving pressure the same as my home kegerator. 20 oz co2 tank with paintball adapter, regulator, and splitter for serving 2 kegs. Chalkboard paint on the face to show what's on tap. I lined the inside with a contractor trash bag and filled each box with about 10lb of ice. Kept everything cold for at least 5hrs in 100 degree weather until the kegs tapped. Used a folding dolly from HD to roll the boxes around. Suprised how well it worked!

Fantastic build. I think I see a business opportunity..... but seriously, those make me jealous

Great idea, love the idea. but seeing it made me think of maybe using a old restaurant trash can and revamping it. it almost looks like that is what you did, one on the left looks like it has a plastic tray holder at the top. i imagine i could find these at a specialty furniture store, or a remodle

restaurant-trash-can.jpg

Great idea, love the idea. but seeing it made me think of maybe using a old restaurant trash can and revamping it. it almost looks like that is what you did, one on the left looks like it has a plastic tray holder at the top. i imagine i could find these at a specialty furniture store, or a remodle

restaurant-trash-can.jpg

Ha! I didn't even think of that. Probably could save some time on the build that way.

LordHafen said:

I actually have a trash can from Wendy's that looks similar to your pic. I have been wondering what to do with it. Too bad it's still at my parents house in Chicago and I'm in Oklahoma

Back