Dual tap kegerator only one gas line working

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMac

Reaction score
Hi all- long time lurker, first time poster. I recently got a new dual tap kegerator. It came with perlick lo-boy couplers. The regulator seems to be working fine at 10psi, but only one of the kegs is staying carbonated. I’ve switched the couplers and same thing. Air bubbles in the beer line and slow pour until nothing. No gas line leaks. Wondering if I have a faulty coupler?

Can you restate "I’ve switched the couplers and same thing." wrt whether the problem followed a coupler or stayed with one of the kegs...

Cheers!

The one works fine. I can switch it and the other ker pours fine. So, it seems to follow the coupler

btw, apologies for my obliviousness, and welcome to the forums at Homebrewtalk :mug:

Ok, so the dispensing problem (and presumably the carbonation problem) follows one coupler while the other seems to work fine, and you can't find anything leaking on the problematic coupler.

I don't use Sanke kegs and couplers, but I'm guessing there are at least a couple of critical O-rings involved in sealing the beer and gas feeds through the coupler to the keg. I'd give those a critical eye, perhaps there's something caught up or dinged on the gas side that's not actually allowing the head space to reach the gauge pressure...

Cheers!

Back