New, Stationed in Hawaii

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdbigt357

Reaction score
Hello all! Name is Trent, my wife and I just got stationed here in Hawaii on the island of Ohau. I had brewed beer using a Mr. Beer years ago when I first came into the service, had the kit in my dorm room. But ended up losing it somewhere along the way.

After seeing all these new ales coming out and seeing a show about brewing on TV, I asked my wife what she thought about me brewing beer in the house, well you guys know how she responded, cause here I am!

So I bought a beginner to intermediate kit from a store here on the island and it even came with the ingredients to brew my first beer. Thanks Home brew in Paradise! The guy down there is very helpful and spent sometime discussing some basics with me.

I have been doing a lot of reading and researching and I see that many of you more experienced brewers have huge setups with HLT's MLT's, etc, even though I'm not sure what those are yet, they look to be excellent rigs and I hope I get to that place at some point, wouldn't mind turning this into something I do when I retire from service.

If any of you are from the island and want to give me a shout to help out, "take me under your wing", it would be much appreciated. Hope you all have a happy Holiday and the yellow or... dark brown keeps flowing nice for you!

Trent

Mele Kalikimaka,

I was stationed at Kaneohe from 78-81.
We drank mass quantities then, at $2 highs as homebrew craftbrew was in its infancy.
Enjoy it here and ask questions !

Back