New product line from Nor Cal Brewing Solutions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just listed this Sparge Diffusion plate line we created. We developed the blank tube and MNPT version quite awhile ago. Found out a lot of people were talking about them on the Spike brewing forum. Decided to add to the line to give you guys more options.
Check em out and please let me know what you think.
163114722163150953894540601251.jpg

Already added the Male Camlock version as well. :)
IMG_20210907_182903169.jpg
16311471712607784317908654482286.jpg

Can you make a corny keg lid with a 1.5” tri clamp fitting?
Short answer is SURE. Long answer..... It will be a 1/2" tube welded to the lid about 1" long, a compression fitting and MNPT threads on the tube THEN to TC. There is absolutely ZERO way to put it straight on a lid. There is no room and the handle has to close OVER it. I wish we could as we get asked all the time if we can do just that.

Cheers
Jay

Short answer is SURE. Long answer..... It will be a 1/2" tube welded to the lid about 1" long, a compression fitting and MNPT threads on the tube THEN to TC. There is absolutely ZERO way to put it straight on a lid. There is no room and the handle has to close OVER it. I wish we could as we get asked all the time if we can do just that.

Cheers
Jay

would a quad clamp work?

2" is the OD of a 1.5" Ferrule at the cap connection. Then measure between your keg lid handle. Our handles are 1 1/4" between the handle.

Cheers
Jay

yeah i got to thinking about that when i reread your post.....sanke keg time then?

your sparge things look good though! could you make one with stainless mesh plate around the small inner part for a 10 gallon cooler?

You know, if only Norcal made mashcaps with one of these welded into the top.. now that would be super cool!

You know, if only Norcal made mashcaps with one of these welded into the top.. now that would be super cool!

i was just thinking similar, with one of the barbed ones, all i'd have to do is drill a hole in my coolers lid for tubing to fit through.....

hey man! i still use a colander at the moment! i was thinking it would up my game, at least looks wise! :mug:
The great thing is you can extend your tube and have this in that top layer of your mash water. It doesn't have to "spray" just depends on how you set it up. Set it about 1/2" above the mash and all good!
Cheers
Jay

Draw me a picture Bilsch. Let's work on it for ya.
Jay

Thanks for the reply. Mostly I was just making a point that people should be thinking about protecting their mash from aeration and one of your diffusion fittings mounted to a floating mashcap would be the cats a** for that. Unfortunately there are so many different diameters of mashtuns it makes a one size fits all solution impossible.

Now if only we knew of a company that could custom make such things for people. ;)

Thanks for the reply. Mostly I was just making a point that people should be thinking about protecting their mash from aeration and one of your diffusion fittings mounted to a floating mashcap would be the cats a** for that. Unfortunately there are so many different diameters of mashtuns it makes a one size fits all solution impossible.

Now if only we knew of a company that could custom make such things for people. ;)
Again its is all about set up. Not sure where HSA would come into play here. But yes I would be happy to quote a mash cap. You are absolutely correct they would all have to be custom and uhhh just a 10" cap is 31" of tig welding if they look like what I think they would look like.
Cheers
Jay

I absolutely love fermenting in a sanke keg! I have developed so many tools that makes it a complete no brainer. In my opinion it's one of the most versatile fermentation vessels out there!
Cheers
Jay

i'll have to look more at your site! any way to harvest yeast? i'll look! and as far as a picture, i was looking at your site, and it'd be one of your false bottoms for a 10 gallon picnic cooler, but instead of the handles and feet, your barbed sparge thingy in the middle? if that makes sense.....

i'll have to look more at your site! any way to harvest yeast? i'll look! and as far as a picture, i was looking at your site, and it'd be one of your false bottoms for a 10 gallon picnic cooler, but instead of the handles and feet, your barbed sparge thingy in the middle? if that makes sense.....
Gotcha! Yeah! Super simple. PM me a simple Hand drawn picture so we're absolutely on the same page but it sounds simple enough. If the perf is just there to rest on the mash that's pretty simple to do.
Cheers
Jay

Yes you can harvest yeast. I mean we designed and sell a serious tool for that. But for simple using the cross fermenter kit I harvest yeast. It awesome because you can add gas and harvest PUSHING from the bottom in an O2 free manor.

1 of the parts we sell to the breweries so they can use kegs as a brink. All they do is pull the spear and insert tool. Kegs can handle massive pressure. Far beyond what we would ever use them at.

Cheers
Jay

Well i have to NorCal Brewing the title "Fast Brew Hardware"! i started a conversation 30 minutes ago, and my custom piece will be shipped monday? lol

Awesome!

this has been what i have been using can't wait to post a pic of it's replacement!

1631245997429.png

I appreciate you letting me be part of the upgrade! That bad boy has had some use man! Your new mash cap will last a lifetime.

Cheers
Jay

at least another decade or two hopefully! until i go eBIAB right? lol yeah them weld marks were my failed attempts at using my little torch to attach some drawer handles to it... :( lol

Beautiful! my mash tun is worn out from brew day yesterday....it's going to get wet though when that thing shows up! ;) (you did toss the ball valve in with it right?)

and yes, that looks like EXACTLY what i wanted! a sparge arm without the slightest chance of channeling! at least that's my hope...

Thanks again for the turbo service! design to doorstep in a week. :mug:

Beautiful! my mash tun is worn out from brew day yesterday....it's going to get wet though when that thing shows up! ;) (you did toss the ball valve in with it right?)

and yes, that looks like EXACTLY what i wanted! a sparge arm without the slightest chance of channeling! at least that's my hope...

Thanks again for the turbo service! design to doorstep in a week. :mug:
Yep!!! weldless cooler ball valve is in there and I tossed in some silicone tubing "JUST IN CASE" you didn't have any on hand.

Cheers
Jay

and I tossed in some silicone tubing "JUST IN CASE" you didn't have any on hand.

damn man, i was thinking i'd have to stop at ACE tomorrow when i go out...i had to go to walmart, anyway, where i plan to get the 2 gallon cooler! i'm bleaching the tub to get the malt started for next weekend!

coming from my old setup, i'm expecting to feel like a prep school boy, in his uniform! :mug:

Back