NEW Product Launch - Spike Brew Pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today was a preorder only so they won't be shipping for another 4+ weeks. Our full launch will be in about 5 weeks I believe. That also has limited stock and we expect to sell out. Demand for our new products has been far higher than projected which means it takes a little bit of time for us to get caught up.

@SpikeBrewing Any updates to pass along? Just checked the Spike web site and it says "Sign up to be notified of the official launch by clicking the button below."

Any update on the TC launch date? Also, saw a review on your site where the pump head inlet was rusting. Is that an isolated issue? Thanks!

Any update on the TC launch date? Also, saw a review on your site where the pump head inlet was rusting. Is that an isolated issue? Thanks!
Should be any day now! Be sure to sign up for the back in stock email on the site as that’s the only place we’ll be announcing since there is still limited stock. That’s isolated as that’s the only instance we’ve ever seen.

Got mine yesterday and started taking it apart to see 1st hand how it all works. Waiting on other fittings so I can take it for a test ride this weekend hopefully.
Is there going to be a "rebuild" kit option available? I don't see any of the "wearable" parts listed on the site yet (o-rings, impeller shaft, ect).

I'm sure I won't need anything for quite awhile but would like to have some backups-just in case.

Got mine yesterday and started taking it apart to see 1st hand how it all works. Waiting on other fittings so I can take it for a test ride this weekend hopefully.
Is there going to be a "rebuild" kit option available? I don't see any of the "wearable" parts listed on the site yet (o-rings, impeller shaft, ect).

I'm sure I won't need anything for quite awhile but would like to have some backups-just in case.
Those should be on the website. You can always email our Support team as well.

Just got my Flow yesterday. Haven't tested it on a brew yet, but did test it out with water. It pushes a lot more liquid than my riptide. Noticeably stronger whirlpool, and it even manages a weak whirlpool through my CFC whereas the riptide can't. It's slightly quieter than the riptide, as expected, though not a huge difference. The pump head also feels noticeably heavier duty than the riptide.

Will probably brew with it tomorrow!

In case anyone else has the crazy noise issue. This video walks you through the adjustment/fix. Mine was out of the .22” spec like his in the video. Startling noise for a new pump, wish something was in the manual for it.

Mine started making that noise midway into my brew day. I ignored it (since I couldn't do much about it super easily) and it quieted down after about 30 minutes. Thanks for that video though, I'll have to check the adjustment on mine.

Otherwise, aside from the noise problem, I'm liking the pump. Much more power than my riptide, and didn't stall out as badly with super restricted flow during the mash.

Still waiting on @SpikeBrewing on where those rebuild parts are though ;) not seeing them listed on the website still, and I would like to pick up some spares for any wear items just to have on hand. Understandable if they just aren't available yet due to the demand for the pump itself, as long as they'll be listed once demand lets up a little.

Back