NEW PRODUCT from Jaybird TC Stainless blow off tube for your conical. CHEAP!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you saying nope or maybe?

Basically this:

ModifiedEndCapnew.jpg

Except with a racking cane in place of the PRV and a thermowell in place of the barb.

Check your PM folder.

That part there and all those parts dont look like they take up the real estate that you will have to have for other fittings. But let me look at it further today and see if its possible to do with the space we have on the 2" cap. It may just fit.

Cheers
Jay

Just received my latest order from NorCal. Sku # 2813 Tri-Clover Blow Off Tube 3". Total height of the SS Brew Tech SS Bucket with this is 28". It just clears the top of my chest freezer which is perfect, because the chest freezer is a tad over 28". If I could change one thing it would be to make the corner closer to the TC fitting.

SS_NorCal.jpg

Just received my latest order from NorCal. Sku # 2813 Tri-Clover Blow Off Tube 3". Total height of the SS Brew Tech SS Bucket with this is 28". It just clears the top of my chest freezer which is perfect, because the chest freezer is a tad over 28". If I could change one thing it would be to make the corner closer to the TC fitting.

I think you are totally right! In most cases I think the first bend can be about 1.5" closer to the fitting. It will add some labor and a little added set up but in the end I think you are right. We have been bouncing the idea around actually since we added them to the line up. Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers
Jay

Norcal TC 1 1/2" Custom Whirpool Arm in a 30 gal. Spike Brewing kettle. Testing with a center-inlet SS Chugger pump head. Will test again using a regular SS Chugger pump head to see if I can make all components TC fittings and SS instead of using tubing. Tried two different configurations, but each configuration I had to use some silicon tubing because of the offset caused by the center inlet connection of pump head. other components like ball valves and 3/4" TC tubing from Brewer's Hardware and Still Dragon. If the whirlpool arm isn't low enough in the kettle you can attach some silicon tubing to the end to extend it. Both configurations work well, but I'd like to create a configuration with all TC fittings.

InsideKettle.jpg

Ver1_OutsideKettle.jpg

Version2.jpg

topview.jpg

disassembled.jpg

Norcal TC 1 1/2" Custom Whirpool Arm in a 30 gal. Spike Brewing kettle. Testing with a center-inlet SS Chugger pump head. Will test again using a regular SS Chugger pump head to see if I can make all components TC fittings and SS instead of using tubing. Tried two different configurations, but each configuration I had to use some silicon tubing because of the offset caused by the center inlet connection of pump head. other components like ball valves and 3/4" TC tubing from Brewer's Hardware and Still Dragon. If the whirlpool arm isn't low enough in the kettle you can attach some silicon tubing to the end to extend it. Both configurations work well, but I'd like to create a configuration with all TC fittings.

HOLY HARDWARE BATMAN! Now that is some serious MAN JEWELRY right there!

Cheers
Jay

I'll get some 3" caps on the way. Should be on the site by Friday... Are saying I should charge you $50???LOL

I am guessing those will be $20.....They wont have the pressure valve Ss has on theirs though....

Cheers
Jay

Any downfall to not having the PRV Jay? I think it's redundant but if SS did it they must have had a reason.

I think I'll be ordering a 3" very soon.

Any downfall to not having the PRV Jay? I think it's redundant but if SS did it they must have had a reason.

I think I'll be ordering a 3" very soon.

I think the PRV is smart if you are going to be adding Co2 for transfers but if you have a Blow off on there you are open to atmosphere so no, no need for a PRV. I have some of the PRV's on order and I am doing a CO2 Gas in and PRV (1.5 and 3") TC cap for a few guys here. I am hoping to have them done in a couple days but the PRV's are not here yet and I don't want to start production until I can just bust em' all out at once. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers
Jay

Back