New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Such a pretty beer. HB Citra Pale Ale.
6B6661F1-B119-48AB-A39B-E8D4532715D4.jpeg

View attachment 723080
Ordinary Bitter on nitro. Takes me back to the pints of bitter enjoyed in England. Used Crisp floor malted marris otter as the base. Highly recommend. 🍻
Bitters I remember in UK pubs hardly ever had a fine head on them like that. Good on yer. Perhaps I was drinking in sh*t holes. Entirely likely. In my defence, was always more of a lager drinker in my "beer soaked rugby" youth.

From Eastern Canada. I mean as East as it gets. This came out in time for Paddy's day, not by design, mere coincidence. An American Amber, so christened it Paddy's Orange. I thought it a nice ironic name for a beer. Funny how the sun makes a pint look like the dogs bollocks. For none UK residents, that's a good thing.

IMG_2503.jpg

The white head seems unusual. Anything special in the recipe?

I don't know @Teromous' recipe, but I'll hazard a guess that Roasted Barley is the (only) dark malt in the recipe. RB foam tends to be very pale compared with black patent, chocolate, etc.

That looks amazing. Excellent glassware choice, my favourite for that style.

Yeah, this thread is simultaneously making me thirsty and itchy to buy new mugs, although I know I don't actually need them and I don't have any free space in my kitchen cabinet. So I'm stuck drinking all beers from just one set of overpriced glassware, like a goddamn savage.

Yeah I have 3 different types of glasses for me beer, and that's it. My favourite is a set of ~700ml glasses, crystal, that I got for a bargain online. Tall and beautiful, and now that I keg they're easy to fill as well (a 440ml bottle just never cut it, so to take a pic I'd have to open two of them). I know they're not the best, but I love them.

Back