New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordinary Bitter....carbonation not to style
3A31EE3F-BB0B-4FE9-94F5-B3201D5F74A5.jpeg

Bit of a flop stout, but turned out not too bad. Very sessionable at 3% ABV. Chocolatey, sweet and aging into a slightly drier stout (which I didn't expect) that's enjoyable at any time. Glass is a bit larger than a pint, which means the 3% ABV is a very good idea. Carbonation slightly failed (because of my own stupidity), but the 5l mini keg is doing this beer incredible justice:

yG1EGOc.jpg

@bamcisman I used Warrior for bittering, Amarillo and Columbus late in the boil, Amarillo, Columbus, and Centennial (1:1:2) in the WP, Centennial and ElDorado (1:3) in the dry hop. This combo plays well with the slight roast of the 1 lb of Amber Malt and 4oz of Choc Wheat :rock:

20200531_181501.jpg
Last glass of my hoppy blonde. The batch I just bottled is this same recipe with tweaks to the hopping schedule. I'm trying to drop the IBUs to around 15 and smooth it out a little. This batch was really good, but a little hop forward for my non craft loving loved ones.

Back