new position at work

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedge_87

Reaction score
Just accepted a Substation Tech position at work (currently a Lineman). Pretty excited about it. I will get a pay raise, company vehicle, and cell phone. Also Have a bunch of new stuff to learn. I also feel like it's pretty good timing because although I really like being a Lineman I felt like it was growing stagnate so a change of pace will be welcomed. The only downside is we have to move (I hate moving). It will also make my wife's commute a total of 35 mile (was 15 before). I'm really glad that she is being so supportive in this.

Congratulations,

Especially if this means you'll be spending less time out in the elements. Moving does suck, but look at the bright side, you'll be able to select a place with brewing in mind.

Thanks,

That is deffinetly another pro I considered. The work is less physically demanding, dangerous, and mostly weather permitting. I'm sure my body will thank me as the years start to add up. I will still be in the on call rotation but I don't foresee having to do much more than help patrol and do some "bird dogging" (lineman slang for showing out of town crews where to go and making sure they have what they need). I do think I will miss some parts of being on the line crew like kicking some ass in a storm situation and getting thousands of people back in power.

Latest posts

Back