Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ramalheiro

Reaction score
Hi folks! Been Lurking around for some time now and finally decided to register.

I'm from Portugal, more specifically Azores Archipelago. Just recently my wife got me a homebrew kit, similar to coopers and the like, and a can of Coopers Draught. I have made some wine before using my own grapes, some liquors and stuff like that so I'm really excited to move on to beer.

Atm i have a the Coopers Draught fermenting along side a hard cider. So wish me luck!

I would love to learn how your winemaking from grapes went. Did you treat the grapes with something or do a natural fermentation? Welcome!

I did a natural fermentation and let wild yeast ferment it. It turned out pretty decent after almost a year in bottle conditioning.

I also made a traditional form of muffled wine (no idea if you have a name for it, that's just a literal translation - vinho abafado) where you let it ferment for the first 3 or 4 days and then add moonshine, traditionally 60% ABV, to bring it to around 17% ABV and bottle right away.

Back