New label for my second brew. A Steam(c)(tm)(r) beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

betacrash

Reaction score
Got my second beer fermenting right now. decided to do a Steam(c)(tm)(r) beer. Wanted to go for a industrialized western look. Let me know what you think. I made it using corel draw.

steambeer3rg2.jpg

alright. i went ahead and changed some things and incorporated a little more vibe from my first label and changes some things per comments left by others.

revised label
steamtoniccd8.jpg

first brew label
bierlabelnewsmallsf0.jpg

Really great job. I like that you're keeping a theme across labels. Ordinarily I'd say three fonts for such a small image is too much, but I think it works. If you could get the image's background to match the label's gold background, that might be good?

If you could get the image's background to match the label's gold background, that might be good?

I agree with pericles. You should be able to just set the image layer to some setting that blends the white with the layer below it (at least you can do that in Photoshop).

first brew label
bierlabelnewsmallsf0.jpg

This label is really cool, I wish I could make stuff this good. The only other thing I could offer is maybe changing the vergage on the back label. This sounds more like a 30's era commercial. If you wanted to stick with the Tonic theme you could make it sound like one of the the old snake oil ads.

"This amazing remedy has been known to cure, as if by magic, many conditions ranging from shyness, awkwardness, truthfullness, ugliness of the opposite sex, and even makes a man feel stronger than he actually is. Yes folks, this "elixer of life" is sure to cure all of your woes"

Something along those lines, I'm no writer but I'm sure someone could improve on this idea.

This label is really cool, I wish I could make stuff this good. The only other thing I could offer is maybe changing the vergage on the back label. This sounds more like a 30's era commercial. If you wanted to stick with the Tonic theme you could make it sound like one of the the old snake oil ads.

"This amazing remedy has been known to cure, as if by magic, many conditions ranging from shyness, awkwardness, truthfullness, ugliness of the opposite sex, and even makes a man feel stronger than he actually is. Yes folks, this "elixer of life" is sure to cure all of your woes"

Something along those lines, I'm no writer but I'm sure someone could improve on this idea.

I think that is a different label all together. Could be wrong, but if it is a Winter Warmer Steam Beer I wanna taste it. ;)

The vignetting along the edges is a good concept, although I'd love to see it more just at the corners, leaving out the sides in the middle, sorta mimicing how vignetting works with old-school camera lenses. Perhaps bring up the "white" just a bit for a little more contrast, just a touch though. good lable.

im not much of a graphic designer so it has proven difficult for me to make the background of the image the same color as the label. i will have to figure that one out since i really dont like the way it looks either. i will see if i can do it in corel photo paint. also i will try to get those corners a little darker. i never knew that was called vignetting. like i said, not much of a graphic designer. thanks for all of the ideas and compliments. ill probably post a revision today if i get the time.

ok, here it goes again. i found out how to make the background transparent.

by the way, love the abe lincoln.

steambeer4td9.jpg

Back