New Keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjham9985

Reaction score
So i just got my new keggle back from my buddy's dad who welded in all the fittings and used the plasma cutter to open up the top. My question now is, what do you suggest using to clean out the inside of the keg? It hasn't been cleaned yet, so it needs a really good cleaning. But also, what cleaner do you use for subsequent cleanings? Abrasive pads? Wondering what everyone has had success with. Looking to brew on 8/10 so help before hand would be great.

Chris

A scrubby pad with bar keepers friend works for tough stuff but honestly a pad with unscented dish soap and hot water works fine for everyday cleaning. Beer is sugary, not greasy so IMHO soap and other cleaners are often unnecessary. If you strike while the mess is fresh hot water does pretty good all by itself.

You could also soak the keg in pbw or oxyclean before scrubbing it, that may save you some labor.

Back