New kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nbrownb

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just bought a new kegerator with a double gauge regulator, and it's flow/pressure has been difficult to control. When I turn up the pressure even a little, it turns to mostly foam until the pressure dies down back to a low flow, when I would ideally like to have a nice consistent flow. I bought it for a relatively cheap price, so I'm not sure if there's something wrong with the regulator, or if I'm not controlling it properly. Any tips or comments are appreciated.

thanks,

nbrownb

Wish I could help you out...saw the Mattapan and thought I would say welcome aboard from a fellow mass brewer...you should probably try posting this in the Bottling/Kegging forum to get a better response...good luck

A few questions to think about. All of them impact your foaminess.
1) What is the carbonation level of your beer?
2) What is the internal diameter (ID) of your beer line?
3) How long is the beer line?
4) What pressure are you trying to serve at?

I had some foaming issues until I switched to smaller diameter tubing. I run about 5 feet of 3/16 ID tubing from my kegs and run about 12 lbs on the gas. As little as 8 if they're firey.

Is your beer coming out flat when you "have it turned way down"? If not, what's the problem? You don't want beer coming out TOO quickly...

...and just to make sure... you're adjusting the pressure with the small screw on the regulator, not with the valve on the tank, right? Small adjustments. For some reason on my regulator I have to bleed off some CO2 in order to get the needle to move.

Good luck!

Back