New infusion technique?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know you guys have cafiteires across there! Its for your ground coffee. It does de carbonate the beer to an extent but the pay off has been worth it. Its puts the edge back onto a dulled IPA for no cost apart from a rake through the wifes kitchen. :)

Yeah, we call them french presses. I've never seen anyone do what you did after brewing though, some people use them here for making hop teas.

Good name! Please feel free to pass the idea on. I got my pay when i felt the weird squiggle in my head and thought 'beauty, bet that'll work!' We also have more of a tradition of uncarbonated beers here in UK so the loss of carbonation is well inside my comfort zone. I also have a two bottle jug so i am thinking of an 8 hour soak in said press in a fridge of a single bottle along with a LOAD of hops and then transfer it and the second fully carbonated bottle to the jug which will get most of the pop back. The fun of course is that its all still good beer and its hits the manly spot of trying new stuff! :)

Back