New house, new brew room?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nudarkshadowl

Reaction score
Long story short the wife and I just bought a new house, and the best part is, it has a bedroom that that wife OK'd for a full on bar/ brew room!

It had carpet, so the first thing I did was lay down some hard wood floors. Then I needed a lamp so I made one using an old mini keg I had lying around! Fairly easy to do. Just buy a lamp kit, pull the plugs out of the keg, run wire through the keg, splice in socket, screw in touch dimmer, take foil tap and make sure the dimmer has a secure connection to the keg and voila! You have a touch dimming keg lamp!

Needed some art work, so I made a logo for my brewery (Dark Shadow Brewing Co.) and has a local company print it on canvas for me. Also, the wife I and really into a show on the BBC, so I had them make me a copy of a painting that is on the show (let's see who can guess the show first!)

I am in the process of building a brand new 4 tap keezer and needed something the circulate the air. So I took apart a broken power supply, pulled out all the guts, spliced in a 12 volt AC/DC variable volt phone charger so I can control the speed of the fan, and then cut out holes in the side of the metal case to bring in more cold air and push it to the top of the keezer.

I plan on making another thread about the keezer, but the basics are a 4 tap system, each keg on its own regulator so I can serve/carb at the same time. Insulated Collar that matches the flooring, custom hand turned taps, etc.

I also have a raspberry PI digital tap list built and ready to be installed as well. Can wait to get it all up and running!:mug:

Keep calm and carry on was a motivational poster post WW2 Britain.
It appears in a lot of shows on the BBC. Sherlock Holmes and Dr Who are that I can recall seeing off the top, a mug in Sherlock, and a t shirt from Mickey on the Doctor

I need a big fan like that for my keezer! I am running a tiny PC fan and need a bit more flow. I could go get a cheap desk fan, but what's the fun in that!

Back