New hops/ HopShots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hough77

Reaction score
As anyone brewed with Zythos or Falconers Flight?
I have 2 oz of each, brewing tomorrow APA/ mild ale. Never tried these hops. Also using hop extract for bittering "hopshot" first try on that also.
Any feed back would be appreciated.

I've used zythos a few times now. I would say it's a decent background American style hop, but it's very nondescript. It's a blend, and it's a lot like cascade, kind of citrusy, kind of floral, but nothing really distinctive.

My opinion is that it's not bad, but it's also not special. It was good enough that I bought a pound, but at the same time I did an all zythos overhopped amber that's frankly boring. I do however like it as a base to build on with some of the harder to get hops.

Ok, I might have to use them all the way through to get the full effect I guess.

A member of my club made an IPA using zythos. It turned out really good but I think he may have added something else (maybe Amarillo) to get a little more character.

I just did put 6 gallons in primary 2 days ago. I'm hoping to make a hopped up cream ale/laid-back IPA. 2 oz.s of Zythos @10 mins. Bittered with 2 oz.s Cascade @60. We'll see how it turns out in a month.

Latest posts

Back