New Guy from NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boxcarburnout

Reaction score
I just got into home brewing and succesfully brewed a basic wheat beer. Any suggestion on what to try next? Also I do not have a carboy, should I get one?

Why not try a pale ale next? There's a really good recipe database here. I'm sure you can find something that souns good.
I'd probably get a 6.5 galloln carboy when I could. It's nice to be able to watch the beer as it ferments. Kinda like watching your kids grow up.
Where are you in NC?

Welcome to HBT. There is a wealth of information here. Learn all you can by reading the posts and ask questions when you have them.

I must warn you that this is a very addictive hobby. If you are anything like me, it will overtake your life!:D

Welcome fellow NCer! I can attest to how addictive this hobby is, I found myself brewing twice this weekend because... well, because I can!:rockin:

Just found this site so thought I'd join in. Am in two similiar forums here in Australia and learn heaps trolling forums like this. Make K&K beers with added malt extracts, hops etc. Will get into AG brewing within two years when I have the bickies and a bit more knowledge. In the mean time, I'll keep on keeping on and making brews from cans. Just bottled a Muntons Blonde and about to bottle a Coopers Pale Ale with 500g caramalt and a kilo light dry malt extract. Tastes the goods so looking forward to drinking it in September. Drinking a host of brews but being winter here, am into dark malts at the moment - a ESB Old and a toucan effort - half Tooheys Draught half Coopers Stout that both taste best at room temp (12 degrees celcius here) and that are both some nine months old. Look forward to interacting with you blokes.

Hey, I just moved to Durham from Buffalo. Any suggestions from those in the area as to where I can get supplies as well as good bottle shops? Much appreciated, cheers!

Back