New (graphic designer) member from sunny Florida

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreframes

Reaction score
Hey all, long time occasional lurker, first time poster

My name's Andre, but my friends call me Dre :)

I love booze in all forms, from hooch to macros, my dream retirement hobby is to open up a micro-microbrewery but that won't be for a few decades or so. In the meantime, I just design labels for IPAs I want to brew one day.

And I say that to offer my pro bono services: I'll make anyone who would like a label for their cans/bottles free of charge (or pay what you want) as long as
  • I get specifications as far as dimensions, colors, etc. go
  • and you send me a picture of the finished product
My mockup labels are here, I need the practice and I'd love to do my part to support the homebrew community.

Welcome! That's awesome that you offer this up. My son is artistic and helps me design my labels. I have a hazy IPA I've named "Oh Yeah!" and I have him designing a label like the kool aid man breaking through the wall but replacing the kool aid man with a hop.

Welcome! That's awesome that you offer this up. My son is artistic and helps me design my labels. I have a hazy IPA I've named "Oh Yeah!" and I have him designing a label like the kool aid man breaking through the wall but replacing the kool aid man with a hop.
Thanks for having me! And see? Stuff like that is why I love indie brewers, I'd love to see the label when it's up!

Welcome to HBT! Fellow designer here, not graphic but industrial. I've done a couple of labels for my brews, adds another dimension of fun and creativity to booze making! 😜

20210723_184705.jpg20210717_104356.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome Dre!
Nice job with the labels! I'll be your first customer! I'd like to do a logo for my garage brewery, Hop Mechanic Brewing. By trade I'm an auto mechanic (repair shop owner for the past 19 years), so I want to combine the two obsessions. I've pictured a hop with a wrench bisecting it diagonally and the name wrapped around it.... that's about as far as I've carried it...lol.

Welcome to HBT! Fellow designer here, not graphic but industrial. I've done a couple of labels for my brews, adds another dimension of fun and creativity to booze making! 😜

View attachment 768941View attachment 768942
Those look ace man, really like the absinthe one in particular!

Welcome Dre!
Nice job with the labels! I'll be your first customer! I'd like to do a logo for my garage brewery, Hop Mechanic Brewing. By trade I'm an auto mechanic (repair shop owner for the past 19 years), so I want to combine the two obsessions. I've pictured a hop with a wrench bisecting it diagonally and the name wrapped around it.... that's about as far as I've carried it...lol.
Thanks for having me, nice seeing blue collar folk (former hod carrier, current landscaper) here; I'll see what I can do this week/end, that's a nice name and idea btw

Back