New member from Savannah

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richl025

BIAB brewer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just wanted to post an introduction note before resuming lurker mode :)

I did some extract kits 8-9 years ago because I could NOT find decent beer where I lived (DC area, no less). They came out GREAT with minimal effort on my part...

Then I stopped because I started a training program where I had ZERO free time, and I also moved to a part of the country where you could buy decent beer in a supermarket (Pacific Northwest)...

But I still kinda missed it, so just recently went to my LHBS and bought his 'kit' with all the necessities. My first kit beer was an amber ale (extract + specialty steeping grain) and came out spectacular! (well, OK, many areas for improvement, but I was pretty happy with my first attempt in 8+ years).

The only problem is... it's almost all gone and I waited too long to start another batch fermenting... looks like I need to buy another fermenter or two and get some more bottles....

Would love to get into all grain brewing in the future, as well as cider making. I've learned a lot in this forum already, and am looking forward to learning even more....

Welcome!

Getting a pipeline going was hard at first because I was always brewing\bottling\kegging or cleaning. Now I can take my time and brew higher gravity beers.

Welcome to the hobby, and the group, from CO. Lived in Roswell, GA for 10 years, visited Savannah almost yearly, loved it.

Back