New from northeast Oklahoma

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NameEct

Reaction score
New to brewing beer, have done a little cider. My son bought me a kit for Christmas and now my house is full of beer. Easy to say I'm hooked. I'm on my third Batch and switched after number two to all grain. Lurk and read a lot here and since my second beer was around twelve percent, I already have used the forum a great deal to get it done. Glad there are resources for help!

Good deal, welcome to the forum, and the hobby! What was the high gravity beer you brewed?

There's also a great podcast recorded in Fayetville AR called "Basic Brewing Radio", they are another great free resource you should check out.

Good deal, welcome to the forum, and the hobby! What was the high gravity beer you brewed?

There's also a great podcast recorded in Fayetville AR called "Basic Brewing Radio", they are another great free resource you should check out.

It was a kit from local High gravity Store. But even my first kit I couldn't leave alone. I keep splitting the batches and finishing them differently. This one I split and finished one as instructed except with Belgian candy syrup, the other half had bourbon and vanilla. This was the kit
http://www.highgravitybrew.com/prod...c-s-Quadruple-Elixir-66p3433.htm#.UxSK5pK9KSM
I added dark candy syrup at the end of boil. Split them after primary, Then a couple weeks ago added bourbon and vanilla to half.
I'm trying to figure out with experimentation what makes things taste a certain way.

I have property in northwest Arkansas..maybe we can do some brew exchanges when i move back there in a month or so.

I have property in northwest Arkansas..maybe we can do some brew exchanges when i move back there in a month or so.

I am an avid motorcycle sport touring rider... Ya don't need to be close by to exchange! I ride to to NM all the time! ;)

Latest posts

Back