New from IL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndhoffma

Reaction score
Hey, I joined up on this group a while back but due to moving & some large home projects I havnt had much time to check out the forums much.

Ive been brewing a batch every month or so for the past few years, and hoping to get away from kits and start trying my own recipes.

Also, once all the projects are finished up on my house, I plan to put together a kegerator as well.:mug:

oops.. gotta edit my info.. I just recently moved to Naperville a few weeks back

Hows the gluten free brewing going? My fiancee loves the new grist that Lakefront makes, but Ive never experimented with brewing any of that type of stuff

Great to see that there are so many people near by!

Anyone have any suggestions for brewery stores or any clubs in the area?
Ive been to the store in St Charles and was pretty impressed with what they had
Im looking to pick some stuff up to make a beer or 2 hopefully in time for christmas

Great to see that there are so many people near by!

Anyone have any suggestions for brewery stores or any clubs in the area?
Ive been to the store in St Charles and was pretty impressed with what they had
Im looking to pick some stuff up to make a beer or 2 hopefully in time for christmas

Welcome from Elburn (I work in Warrenville, though).

IMO the best brewshop is Fox Valley Homebrew in downtown Aurora on Downer's Place. Largest, most well stocked store in the area with decent prices.

Other local place is the Brewer's Coop located in the same building as the Two Bros. Tap House in Warrenville. It's hard to locate back in an industrial park on the northwest corner of Rt. 59 and Rt. 56 (Butterfield). Not very well stocked but I'm told they plan to ramp it up as they grow their restaurant business.

Off topic, but the Tap House is a great place to go for a brew and food. They have some fantastic bbq pulled pork nachos in addition to great beer.

Back