New from Detroit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruckusz28

Reaction score
Hello everybody, my name is Mike and i've been an amateur brewer for the past 6 months. I received the beginner buckets as a birthday gift and have been hooked since. I'm always looking to expand my knowledge and make some great brews.

So far here's what i've brewed:
Raspberry Wheat (this was my first and turned out about 9%)
Oktoberfest (brewers best kit)
Pilsner (kit from a local store; adventures in homebrewing)
Smoked Vanilla Pumpkin Porter (was excellent, will make again next year)
Peanut Butter Stout (very boozy, but is mellowing well in bottles)
Smash Ipa (maris otter / simcoe blend)
California common
Dry hopped pear cider
Cyser

At the moment I'm bottling still. A kegging system will be nice, but that'll come in time! I brew partial mash, but have been moving toward all grain. The california common is my first attempt at all grain.

I look forward to being an active member hear and learning what i can, where i can!

Welcome to HBT. Fellow Detroiter here! Sounds like you got the brewing bug! I have been brewing for about a year and just bottled my first all grain batch, Rum Runner Stout. With the winter moving in looking to move into cider, mead and maybe wine. Or to get some more all grain experience some small batch 1 gal kits.

Back