new freezer to build with and more

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravhawk2000

Reaction score
Ok, I wasn't going to post anything specific on this until I had more done and more pix. However, I figured maybe posting the initial stuff would help get me going in the right direction. I just bought this house and it has a basement with an existing bar and a perfect area for what I want to do. It just needs to be completely rebuilt.

I just last night bought a freezer at ~19cu ft. for only $75 and runs great and is very quiet, but very old, lol. I also have a bar area that is about 7.6' x 8.6' in its basic dimensions. I will post another build on the DIY section on that. Plus an extension off that of about 5' x 3' that will house the EHERMS build that I will also be installing. That will get posted in another thread.

So, with the keezer build, I have the freezer, I'm getting 4 kegs locally tomorrow. I will also be buying the rest of the basics in short order (ie. regulator, tank, hosing, dispensing, temp control). My plan is to at least repaint the thing.I was also going to put a collar on it and run the line out of that. The hinges on this door are extreme too, lol. I'm thinking of incorporating it into the bar and making the bartop over it. But i'm not thrilled with this idea. But for the sake of room, I may hafta.

I'll post pix of the space and you guys can fire away at what you think. Thanks for any help and advice you can give in regards to all this. And yes, the SWMBO is in full support of all of this, lol. She is actually the one who bought me the first kit and does the website and labels.

Oh, and btw, NO that's not a REAL grenade, lol. It's a dummy for training purposes I aquired years ago.

freezer.jpg

inside freezer.jpg

IMAG0935.jpg

IMAG0936.jpg

Back