New Fermenter Lid from Spike!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
New product alert!

Lately we've seen quite a few conical setups that could use a couple additional lid ports. So we did something about that; we're excited to announce our new 3 port fermenter lid! The new 3 port lid will fit onto any existing Spike Flex or CF fermenter and will come standard starting later this month.

The new lid with three 1.5" tri-clamps offers dedicated ports for the following:

๐๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ ๐Ž๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐๐จ๐ซ๐ญ
Dedicated blow off port for airlock, blow off hose or even a valved blow off cane

๐๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž ๐‘๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ž๐Ÿ ๐•๐š๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ž (๐๐‘๐•) ๐๐จ๐ซ๐ญ
Dedicated port for use with our gas manifold or a spunding valve (see below)

๐‡๐จ๐ฉ ๐€๐๐๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ฌ ๐๐จ๐ซ๐ญ
Dedicated port for adding hops or a hop doser

Our Flex+, CF5, CF10 and CF15 have been out of stock for a little bit due to high demand. However on Thursday (3/4) at 11am CST the Flex+, CF5, CF10 and CF15 will be put back into stock. We have limited quantities and predict to sell out.

https://spikebrewing.com/pages/fermenters
๐“๐ก๐ž ๐ƒ๐ž๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ:
-The Flex+ and CF5, CF10 and CF15 will be back in stock Thursday (3/4) at 11am CST​
-Before we can turn on our 3 port lids for purchase, we are going to allow customers to purchase our remaining 1 port lid fermenters until we sell out. We have limited inventory available, so we expect our last 1 port lid units to go quickly!
-Once we sell through our 1 port lid inventory, we will update the website to reflect the update to 3 port lids. We expect this transition to happen quickly on the Flex+, CF5, CF10 and CF15!

Lid Still.JPG

Nice job guys, I wouldnt mind the dry hop port being 2 inch instead of 1.5 but this will still allow easier access. not to mention less swapping out pieces so less chance for oxygen or bacteria to enter. i like it, and willing to trade my 1 port lids.... even up? :mug:

Glad I ordered my two CF10's after these were standard issue. ;)

I'm getting the items together to make my own CO2 purged hop dropper for one of the 1.5" ports. Just need to make the cap with the CO2 inlet and prv in it and I'll be good to go. I have a large sight glass (Spike model because it's more sexy than the others) that I can load up with hops. I have a couple of spare butterfly valves I can put on the lid before filling so that it's no issue there. Might cap the valve, might fit the entire thing before pitching the yeast. Not sure just yet. First batch that I can see using it on is getting brewed Memorial Day week. Provided everything else I need has arrived (new panel from eBrewSupply for one) in time.

Looking forward to filling up the first one. Especially looking forward to being able to roll it from the brewing location to fermentation location.

Any of you that purchased the new lids for the CF5 have the old lids, I am making a little project in the brewshack and need a few of the old lids
THX
You can reach out to me at [email protected]

New product alert!

Lately we've seen quite a few conical setups that could use a couple additional lid ports. So we did something about that; we're excited to announce our new 3 port fermenter lid! The new 3 port lid will fit onto any existing Spike Flex or CF fermenter and will come standard starting later this month.

The new lid with three 1.5" tri-clamps offers dedicated ports for the following:

๐๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ ๐Ž๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐๐จ๐ซ๐ญ
Dedicated blow off port for airlock, blow off hose or even a valved blow off cane

๐๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž ๐‘๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ž๐Ÿ ๐•๐š๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ž (๐๐‘๐•) ๐๐จ๐ซ๐ญ
Dedicated port for use with our gas manifold or a spunding valve (see below)

๐‡๐จ๐ฉ ๐€๐๐๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ฌ ๐๐จ๐ซ๐ญ
Dedicated port for adding hops or a hop doser

Our Flex+, CF5, CF10 and CF15 have been out of stock for a little bit due to high demand. However on Thursday (3/4) at 11am CST the Flex+, CF5, CF10 and CF15 will be put back into stock. We have limited quantities and predict to sell out.

https://spikebrewing.com/pages/fermenters
๐“๐ก๐ž ๐ƒ๐ž๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ:
-The Flex+ and CF5, CF10 and CF15 will be back in stock Thursday (3/4) at 11am CST​
-Before we can turn on our 3 port lids for purchase, we are going to allow customers to purchase our remaining 1 port lid fermenters until we sell out. We have limited inventory available, so we expect our last 1 port lid units to go quickly!
-Once we sell through our 1 port lid inventory, we will update the website to reflect the update to 3 port lids. We expect this transition to happen quickly on the Flex+, CF5, CF10 and CF15!

I love my Flex+๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ

Back