New England Grain Buy Sept 2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
first time adding my order to group buy,hope I did it correctly. 2 bags maris otter,and 2 bags two row. sheet says I owe 246 is that correct?

Somehow you ended up editing a cell in one of the locked sheets, which increased your price total. I fixed it.

Everyone - Please only edit the cells under your name on the first worksheet titled "Enter Order Here"

@fender230 I completed the RedX split that you had posted.

Please keep in mind there's a donation section towards the bottom of the spreadsheet. it's always nice to kick a little back for the people that organize.

Since this is my first group buy for grain I started looking at grain Mills. Any suggestions? Thinking about the Barley crusher with the 15 lb hopper

Stay far away from the barley crusher. I have one and it is a pain in the ass. After about 6 months it stopped pulling in grain half way through the crush. I would look at the crankenstien or monster mill.

People generally flame the cereal killer, but I've been happy with mine, and the price can't be beat. There were concerns about manufacture with early versions, but the current one does a great job.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

People generally flame the cereal killer, but I've been happy with mine, and the price can't be beat. There were concerns about manufacture with early versions, but the current one does a great job.

What changes have they made to it? It looks just like my Barley Crusher.

First generation had some issues with bushings and roller alignment, possibly others. But yes, looks just like your barley crusher, just made in China, yours for $99 generally, with free shipping.

I'm in - just 3 bags for me (MO, 2-row, pilsner).

This is my first go round one of these. If anyone else is thinking about chemicals, I'd order some PBW, but I don't want to trigger the hazmat fee all by myself just for 8 lb of PBW.

The best thing to do if you want PBW is post a 50# pail and take a portion. Most of the time it will fill and a 12# costs about the same as 8#.

Ok, I've gone in for quarter of a 50# of PBW. Any idea what size of container I'd need for that? I guess a gallon pail would do it?

hey everybody. anyone looking to break up a order of sanitizer 4 ways?
Also I'm in for at least a couple of cases of bottles. (maybe 4)

hey everybody. anyone looking to break up a order of sanitizer 4 ways?
Also I'm in for at least a couple of cases of bottles. (maybe 4)

EBS:

I'd be interested in a 1/4 of Star San, but I believe you posted SaniClean, not Star San. If you wanted a 1/4 of Star San I would pick up a 1/4....maybe 1/2.

Also, I think the pricing on the sheet of SaniClean (4 x 1 Gal) is incorrect. Should be $111 plus shipping?

EBS:

I'd be interested in a 1/4 of Star San, but I believe you posted SaniClean, not Star San. If you wanted a 1/4 of Star San I would pick up a 1/4....maybe 1/2.

Also, I think the pricing on the sheet of SaniClean (4 x 1 Gal) is incorrect. Should be $111 plus shipping?
Sorry I meant Star San. I will correct it.
CrazyIrishman did you want SaniClean? or Star San?

I am in for a gallon of the sanitizer. I like the idea of the bottles. I wish we could do something similar with growlers.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

My work schedule prevents me from being able to get to the rally point. If someone from the Hartford area is already in on this deal, I'd appreciate help in bringing this back to Hartford area.

Opening a split for Thomas Fawcett Pearl. 1/4 of a bag would get you enough for a 5 gallon batch of Heady Topper clone, if anyone is interested.

Opening a split for Thomas Fawcett Pearl. 1/4 of a bag would get you enough for a 5 gallon batch of Heady Topper clone, if anyone is interested.

I've taken the other half of it. I've been meaning to play with some different base malts.

I'll drop my half bag of the share down to 1/4 of a bag until/unless someone wants to start a second bag of TF Pearl to split.

I was wavering between a quarter and a half bag anyway, so it's not a big deal. If we need someone to go in for a quarter bag to fill up a split, I'm interested, but I should probably err on the side of buying a bit less from now.

Latest posts

Back