New England Area: Who is going for some KTG on 6/24?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewt00l

Reaction score
Who is going to Portsmouth for some RIS goodness??

• This batch of Kate consists of approximately ten barrels. Five barrels will be transferred to a serving tank to be offered on draft; the remaining five will be bottled. That's seventy-five cases, or nine hundred bottles.
• Kate the Great, both bottles and draft, will go on sale at 2:27 PM on Tuesday, June, 24th.
• Bottle purchases will be limited to two per person per day; Portsmouth Brewery Imperial Pint Club members will be allocated an additional two bottles - not an additional two per day, just an additional two.
• There will be no quota on cases offered for sale each day, as was originally suggested. In other words, if 450 people show up on Day One and each buys his/her alloted pair, the beer will be sold out on Day One.
• On June 24th, bottles will be sold downstairs in the Jimmy LaPanza Lounge, not in our retail store, due to space constraints. After the 24th, bottles will be sold in the store, during regular store hours. Bottles will not be available after ten PM, as per standard policy.
• The cost per bottle will be ten dollars, same as before, NOT twenty as has been rumored.
http://portsmouthbrewery.blogspot.com/2008/05/how-kate-gets-divvied-up-final-word.html

I used to head up that way 'round this time of year..shame I didn't have plans to this year! If anyone has excess and wants to share the love, I'll swap ya.

With all of the anticipation and possible ebay speculators, the rules for KTG release were debated and then put up for vote:

-Option One: Let 'er rip. Make Milton Friedman proud - don't place any limits at all. Greed is good. Put all forty-five cases in the store on the first day and let the free market reign.
-Option Two: Make this a regulated market, but don't overdo it. Maximum purchase of six bottles per person per day till the beer is all gone, even if it runs out on the very first day.
-Option Three: A little more regulation, please. Put ten cases in the store on each of the first two days, then five a day thereafter. Limit purchases to six bottles apiece, or the equivalent of two growlers.
-Option Four: The Famous Diner Pie Policy. Two Bottles Per Person Per Day, and don't think you can get your friends to sneak in and buy more pie - I mean beer - on your behalf. We know who you are and you'll never get away with it.

http://portsmouthbrewery.blogspot.com/2008/05/kate-great-tulipomania-redux-vote-for.html

Option 4 was the winner, with the specific rules in my post above. Becoming the Best Beer in America on BA does have its downsides I suppose :)

Latest posts

Back