New Cider batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-1078474936.jpg

Maybe this little device right here? I made it up with parts from a pipette. It's a flexible silicone tip and when I fill my bottles I tilt them and zero foam, all product, no waste or overflow.:)

Great post, I've been wanting to make some apple. How come you don't use a bottling wond ? From what I've found is making Cider takes way longer than beer, kinda like wine. So I guess my plan for Holiday Cider is out for 2012.

I need one of the wands, I've been told before to use one. I don't think cider takes longer I guess depends on how you do it. You can do a simple cider in about a month and it's good. I can PM you a simple recipe.

HAREEBROWNBEEST said:
I need one of the wands, I've been told before to use one. I don't think cider takes longer I guess depends on how you do it. You can do a simple cider in about a month and it's good. I can PM you a simple recipe.

I agree. Cider is great in that you can make it fast like beer, or age it out like wine. Both are great IMO.

And that spigot is very inventive. Homebrewing is all about inovation!

Tombraider2 said:
I'd give this a go, I was thinking I needed to get some UN-pasturized Juice to start with, add yeast ?

Look up "starting a simple cider". It's as easy as it gets and oh so good.

image-1194307136.jpg

Enjoying one now! Honest opinion? A little sweet but good. Time will hopefully mellow out the sweetness.

Back