New brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InkedkevUK

Reaction score
As of two weeks ago used the basic kit to start me of on this new hobby also used a Cooper's European beer anyhow did everything to the instructions everything went fine even got gravity readings and at end of ten days was 4.8% now I have bottled my 40x500ml bottles primed half with carb drops (2 per bottle) and other 20 with strawberry syrup. Waited a few days (3) cracked one ok five open, wow lovely strong bitterness taste from a Becks clone, the strawberry ones are lovely. Now I will sit back wait 7/9weeks for others to age.... I am hooked now as I have some strawberry and lime cider on the go.
20180815_060851-COLLAGE.jpeg
20180817_071825.jpeg
20180818_104155.jpeg
20180818_104237.jpeg
20180818_104208.jpeg

Now I will sit back wait 7/9weeks for others to age

Congrats.

Why are you waiting 7 - 9 weeks after bottling? The strawberry maybe? I usually start drinking my standard gravity beers after three weeks, but I haven't primed with strawberry syrup.

As of two weeks ago used the basic kit to start me of on this new hobby also used a Cooper's European beer anyhow did everything to the instructions everything went fine even got gravity readings and at end of ten days was 4.8% now I have bottled my 40x500ml bottles primed half with carb drops (2 per bottle) and other 20 with strawberry syrup. Waited a few days (3) cracked one ok five open, wow lovely strong bitterness taste from a Becks clone, the strawberry ones are lovely. Now I will sit back wait 7/9weeks for others to age.... I am hooked now as I have some strawberry and lime cider on the go.View attachment 584096View attachment 584097View attachment 584098View attachment 584099View attachment 584101
Very nice!

Congrats.

Why are you waiting 7 - 9 weeks after bottling? The strawberry maybe? I usually start drinking my standard gravity beers after three weeks, but I haven't primed with strawberry syrup.
Thought might get better with age and clear more

Nothing tastes as good as your first brew... until you create something new. *That* is probably my best beer yet.... this time I mean it!

Latest posts

Back