New Brewer in Alexandria VA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopChef

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello All,

New to brewing, but not to great beer. I had the pleasure of serving in the US Army and was stationed in Bavaria Germany for almost 3 years starting when I was 19. I grew up on Dunkelweiss, Hefe, Pils, Chezch, Polish and Russian beers. Now I live in a great beer state, with great brewers right in the neighborhood (Port City, DC Brau, Blue Mountain Barrel House, whose ESB I'm enjoying as I type), and a Dogfish Head brewpub just up the street in Falls Church.

I've been around home brewers for a long time, from my buddies in college, who were a bunch of engineers at Virginia Tech who made kegs of really quality beer, to my good friend who just made a RyePA that was just phenomenal. So I've decided to make the leap, just went to my Local Home Brew Shop, which is the actual name of the store, and got some great advice on equipment, and walked out the door ready to start my first brew, which will be an IPA.

I'm also an avid cook/chef with about 10 years of really good time in the kitchen. I'm really excited about starting the discovery process of pairing really good home brew with good home cooking. I can't wait to braise my first brisket in my own beer!

So I'm excited to start diving in and reading all the great advice and joining this great community.

Here's to home brew! Prost!

Sounds like you are off to a much better start than me... It took me 15 gallons to be convinced to finally ditch the sugar.... LOL. Hello!

Back