New Brewer from Philly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smack2000

Reaction score
Holy Cow! This forum is amazing!

I did batch 1 this past Saturday. I stopped in to my local home brew supply store and told the owner I'd been doing some reading on brewing. He said "Quit reading and make some beer!" Great advice!

Seriously, I've learned more in 3 hours on this forum than I did in three weeks of reading.

Thanks to all, and looking forward to someday being able to contribute.

Welcome, Smack! What did you brew up for your first batch?

American Amber Ale - My guy recommended a Brewer's Best kit to get my feet wet (so to speak), so we'll see how it goes.

Jim - love your website, BTW.

I'm from south philly here. I have been looking for some local brewers to meet up with and share some brews.

Do you goto barry's homebrew for your LHBS??

I'm from south philly here. I have been looking for some local brewers to meet up with and share some brews.

Do you goto barry's homebrew for your LHBS??

Haven't been to Barry's, but I've heard of the place. Went to "Brew Your Own Beer" in Havertown (John's a great guy) and Artesian Brewing in Downingtown (I work in West Chester). Seems like there are quite a few shops to check out in the area.

Haven't been to Barry's, but I've heard of the place. Went to "Brew Your Own Beer" in Havertown (John's a great guy) and Artesian Brewing in Downingtown (I work in West Chester). Seems like there are quite a few shops to check out in the area.

Hm i always wanted to check out brew your own. I wonder if his stuff is cheaper then barry's.

Last week was I had a Victory Uncle Teddy's Bitter & a Great Divide Yeti w/ my wings :rockin: Unfortunately they've been keeping some stuff on regularly that just doesn't do much for me.

i heard the yedi was awesome,hope its still around next stop there(wifes cousin tends bar there)propobly hit isaac newtons in newtown next time out.:off:

Welcome! i'm new to the hobby too and live right over the bridges in south jersey. you should check out Home Sweet Homebrew on Sansom or over in NJ there's Brew your Own Bottle...two great shops.

Welcome! i'm new to the hobby too and live right over the bridges in south jersey. you should check out Home Sweet Homebrew on Sansom or over in NJ there's Brew your Own Bottle...two great shops.

Awesome, thanks. I'll check them out.

Latest posts

Back