New brewer from Michigan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trippelx

Reaction score
I wanted to introduce myself to everyone here and say hello.

I'm from the metro Detroit in Michigan. Lots of great breweries out here which have set the bar pretty high as to what I expect from a beer. I guess my friends would consider me a beer snob of sorts.

I'm new to brewing ever since I received a Mr. Beer started kit for Christmas. Since that time I've purchased another MB fermenter and a 6.5 Gallon plastic bucket to brew 5 gallon batches. I've also picked up a 5 gal. glass carboy, and hopefully will be picking up a 6.5 gal glass carboy here shortly for primary ferments. I'm brewing batches in both and trying to learn anything I can from forums like this one.

Types of beer that I drink include just about anything, but my favorites are I.P.A.s, pale ales, wheat beers of all types, and my favorite, Belgian trippels. This was also a big reason I wanted to get into brewing. Buying a 4 pack of trippel at the store runs anywhere between $10 and $20. I figured this would be much more of an economical way to drink.

YAMHB!

Welcome aboard.

There is a very active group of brewers in the metro Detroit area. Should be plenty of folks to hook up with on pub crawls and group brews.

Welcome to yet another Michigan brew fanatic! Hello from the SW corner.

I read a quote the other day (it might have been on HBT). "Brewing your own beer to save money is like buying a boat to save cash on a fish dinner."

Back