New brewchick from The LBC... Howdy!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerbarella

Reaction score
Hi there! Here's my story...
I bought my husband a bunch of home brew equipment a few years ago, but when his lazy butt never touched it I busted it out last year and actually made beer from the 2 3-year-old extract kits I had purchased.... (Believe it or not the yeast was even still good!). Anyhoo, as I expected it didn't taste all that spectacular due to the old ingredients, but it was fun and actually drinkable! The pale ale was pretty good, but the Coopers Irish Stout tasted like old cardboard.
Soooo, I caught the bug, and now I tried my hand at a couple high-gravity beers. I've got an old/strong ale and an IPA in the primary now and I'll be racking them this weekend. Sooo fun and exciting! Since I lurk/read this forum all the time figured I'd better join so here I am!
Cheers!:mug:

Welcome! It will only get better from here out. And shame on your husband for not appreciating the thoughtful gift you gave him! If I were you I'd hide all the beer from him!

Awesome! My wife bought me a Mr beer kit 8 years ago. I didn't touch it until last year. Now $1k and a garage full of equipment later I think she is regretting it. She won't drink beer.

My in-laws bought me a terrible Costco kit about 8 or 9 years ago. Stuff was terrible. Today, my beer is still terrible. No Really! You would have no interest in coming to my basement and drinking any of that terrible beer from any of my 3 taps.

Worst decision you'd ever make!

Glad you're on board. Such a great reference site!

Just don't take any advice from me. (Fermenting's for PANSIES!)

My in-laws bought me a terrible Costco kit about 8 or 9 years ago. Stuff was terrible. Today, my beer is still terrible. No Really! You would have no interest in coming to my basement and drinking any of that terrible beer from any of my 3 taps.

Worst decision you'd ever make!

Glad you're on board. Such a great reference site!

Just don't take any advice from me. (Fermenting's for PANSIES!)

They sold kits at Costco? Which was it?

I think that's Long Beach/Compton... but I'm not positive.

Wow, I consider myself a well travelled guy, but I never would have come up with that. I was looking at my globe and thinking "Little Blue Country?" Denmark?

Anyway, welcome aboard, I'm happy you had the initiative to try the brew. Good luck!

Welcome from colorado. :) that is your husbands loss (though...he now gets to brag that on top of all the wonderful things you do, you brew now too). Rock on!

Back