New autosparge is too big

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodwood

Reaction score
So we upgraded to a bigger set up. 30/20/20 blichmans with a tower of power. We bought this autosparge instead of the blichmann one. It will fit perfect on our new setup. We want to keep doing small batches as well so we are keeping our old pots. The auto sparge doesn't fit in the center on the pot on the 15 gal.

Have any of you guys bought this product? I can take the actual arm out so I was thinking of making a smaller arm out of copper. I can do the soldering with the joints but I am stuck of the head part that distributes the water. You think I could just buy some copper plates from the craft store and make a circle out of that? And then just use some spare pieces from the cutout to wedge in between, solder and then solder a smaller circle on top?

I am not sure if this would hold. Solder is solder right? If I sand, flux, and solder on the flat part, it should hold just for what I need?

Thanks!
Cheers!

Isn't the arm threaded at both ends? Cut the arm to the length you want and re-thread?

no threads it is one long piece.

Here is the head attached to the tubing.

LSMEEZL.jpg

The whole thing taken off the mounting bracket.
HvVYCyt.jpg

Maybe the pictures will help. I was thinking of making a short outreach for the head out of copper. I am just having trouble with the head. Can I solder the copper to some round plates like they did. I know they probably welded it, but I am thinking solder will work.

Thanks

You're wanting the round disc dealio to be in the center of your pot?

Find a copper coupling or a sleeve of the appropriate I.D., cut the tubing in the middle of the "J" bend, remove the amount of tubing needed to center it, and solder the sleeve on to join the 2 free ends of the tubing.

That's if I am following you right.

Back